- Includes both non-skid bottom and hook and loop attachment.
- Available in Zero Elevation, Anti-Thrust and Wedge styles.
QUADRA3D GEL PACK
The pressure-relieving Quadra3D gel pack reduces shear forces and heat build-up. Includes four three-dimensional compartments that evenly distributes gel under the seated surface.
- ZERO ELEVATION - The M2 Zero Elevation cushion allows for greater freedom of movement for standard positioning issues.
- ANTI-THRUST - The M2 Anti-Thrust cushion provides anterior pelvic build-up to prevent forward migration.
- WEDGE - The M2 Wedge cushion controls forward leaning by adding slight anterior height.
The First Cushion Cover to Provide Shear Reduction
This new cover technology is for healing and reducing the risk of Decubitus Ulcers by the use of a Shear Reduction Zone
. This new zone is made from an ultra-slick and extremely breathable material. It is shaped and located to work only in the very specific and high risk region (for most users) located under their bony prominences.
This extremely low friction zone drastically eliminates the daily stresses seen on soft tissue, reducing the probability of break down from the effects of shear typically found under those weight bearing bony prominences The ultimate key to this technology's success is not only having an extremely Low Friction Zone, but also having High Friction Zones to help keep the user positioned throughout the day. Having the High Friction Zone through the Gluteal section of the cushion, as well as across the under sides of the thighs eliminates the risk of a patient's pelvic position “slipping” into that of a sacral seated position.
This new cover has high-stretch characteristics, breathability, and provides great heat dissipation. The GlideWear technology option may be embedded into both core cover materials found at the Comfort Company, Stretch-Air and Comfort-Tek.
Shear Reduction Zone
- Specifically designed to reduce the risk of Decubitus Ulcer formation and also promotes the healing process of existing problem areas.
- Reduces the risks of Decubitus Ulcers forming underneath the weight bearing bony prominences by greatly reducing the effects of shear forces, a known contributor to the breakdown of tissue.
- In conjunction with a very low peak and average pressure readings on a cushion, the GlideWear shear reduction panel acts as a great secondary approach to ulcer prevention.
- The GlideWear shear reduction panel is made with a 100% breathable material allowing for micro-climate control at the cushion surface.
- Reduction of shear forces allows for a more comfortable seating surface for the user.
Designed for patient comfort and heat dissipation, this two-ply material combines a soft and high-stretch Polyester top layer with a waterproof Polyurethane barrier underneath, adding incontinence protection. Latex free.
Designed for infection control and as an incontinence barrier, this Polyurethane material has a smooth and extremely soft top layer with a high-stretch Polyester backing. It is an easily cleaned surface using most common disinfectants. Latex free.